10:40 AM

(0) Comments

Average Joe Vs The Fashionistos: Mark Fast Autumn Winter 2010

automotive


Mark  Fast Runway - LFW Autumn/Winter 2010

Here is the penultimate installment n our mini feature titled Average Joe versus the Fashionisto. We got 3 male fashion bloggers to review shows from London Fashion Week and we contrasted them with the views of three average British Guys who aren't involved int he fashion industry. This time they reviewed Mark Fast and gave their opinions on his use of plus sized models in his runway show and his body-con knitwear.

The Fashionistos

Dennis from WWIT - I must admit I was a little disappointed with this collection, I couldn't see any of the amazing web inspired details from his previous collection, I just felt like this one was a watered down version. It lacked colour and silhouettes that was previously displayed, the piece worn by Amber Le Bon was unflattering, other bodycon pieces were beautiful, but nothing we haven't seen before. It was definitely missing the wow factor for me, but maybe i'm biased?

Cillian from Male Mode - I don't want to see anything incredibly cheesy like 'Plus-size models are fab!' but I think Mark Fast certainly deserves a hats-off for his decision to display his wares on the larger lady. Aside from this, I'm not an avid fan of knitwear in the form of anything other than scarves, gloves, jumpers etc. Still, Fast fuses body-con silhouettes with more structured (the dark red velvet(?) cape/skirt/bodice combo) with the loose and diaphanous (the sheer black asymmetrical number) and that's to be commended.

Jacob from Fashion Beans - This is a very down-to-earth collection that real people can wear. I love that he has used normal sized models again this year.Fast, ‘is very on it’ with the use of Velvet. Velvet is everywhere this season, and there are some nice pieces, however I am not falling over myself for this collection.

Mark Fast Runway -  LFW Autumn/Winter 2010

Mark Fast Runway -  LFW Autumn/Winter 2010

Average Joe

Steve from London -Great to see some fuller figured models. The outfit in picture 4 is the sexiest outfit Anne Boleyn never had. If only she'd had a son.....The oufit in picture 3 is my favourite and one that I would buy. The oufit in picture 2 is the sexiest. Nice and interesting collection but I wouldn't go out of my way to see more.

James from Lewes - The first picture reminds me of the 'Judy Finnigan' moment when her dress fell down on stage. However, the models do look really sexy, nice change. I especially like the dark reddish dress in picture 3, the colour, shape and cut all work. Not to be confused with the red little red riding hood dress (last picture) where the designer takes the good idea (in picture 3) and ruins it. The black dress with the fishtail almost works but does not look quite right.

Nish from London - Looks like someone attempted to use all that extra material in the attic and failed miserably. It seems like the designer had too much or little of some materials and was determined on using all of it. The models seem to have a hard time pulling the clothes off too.


Mark Fast Runway -  LFW Autumn/Winter 2010

Mark Fast Runway -  LFW Autumn/Winter 2010